Forum Discussion

Fallout1984
Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus
Nov 20, 2019

F5 Virtual Edition - Will not load software in new partition - fails at the very end

I have a virtual F5 used as a lab, running BIG-IP 14.0.0.2 and I'm trying to create a new partition with 14.1.2. This is the same unit which I cannot SSH to though port 22 is open to it but, anyway... What happens is when I try to create a new partition, it starts loading the software and fails at the end. Has anyone seen this before? As a side question, is anyone running v14 with no issues? Seems like it's been kinda wonky (that's a technical term, btw) so far. This may just be a machine that needs to be recreated from scratch, however.

Thanks!

2 Replies

Fallout1984
      Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus

The first time, it just said "failed" in red (at the "System ›› Software Management : Image List" screen). I didn't look any deeper, unfortunately. In two other attempts, the web interface reloaded when the software load neared completion and then showed "empty" under install status.

After the VM itself was restarted (not the F5 this time) I was able to get the partition to take the software load, and tried booting from it. The boot completed, but the configuration would not load (I did renew the license, btw). A later reboot didn't help - the config still will not load.

At this point, I'm thinking recreating it from scratch is the best option. There's not a lot on it, and I'd start with 14.1.2 unless anyone knows of a reason not to.

Thanks!